What does your home say when you walk in the door?
Is it, “Look at all the early ‘90s shelving leftover from my ex”? or “Wow, how did my kid even get up there to draw that?”
Maybe it screams, “Stuff! Stuff! Piles and piles of stuff!” Perhaps it even whispers, “Hello, I’ve been DIY’ed within an inch of my life, renovate me again at your own risk.”
I get it— and even if you are at a complete loss, rest assured I speak fluent House. And I know how to make your space say the only two words you ever need to hear, “Welcome home.”
Hi, I’m Summer.
That’s right, an Interior Designer has just entered your home. Wait, hold on! Please, sit back down, no need to tidy up, fluff your throw pillows, or hide your favorite furnishings from my discerning eye. Sure, I graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.A.A. in Interior Design and I have plenty of fancy credentials. But, when I peer into the glossy pages of interior design magazines I too often wonder, “Where do they put their mail?” and, “Yeah, it’s pretty but, what about when the cat throws up on that $20,000 hand-woven silk rug?” And if you’re into eco-friendly living, we can definitely hug a few trees! Not a tree-hugger? That’s ok too, it’s not all or nothing! Seriously, whether you want to low-key high five a shrubbery or embrace an entire forest, I’m here for you with plenty of knowledge to share! I believe in the practical magic of design that honors the things you love. That’s why I will arrive without judgment to listen to you, to truly understand your needs, and to help you get to the heart of what will make you come home happy.
My Favorite Things (At the Moment)
Education and Affilitations:
- B.A.A. in Interior Design
- Associate Member, Northwest Society of Interior Designers
- Professional Member, Interior Design Society
- Former Board Member of the International Interior Design Association’s Award-Winning Northern Pacific Chapter
- Prior Student President of IIDA’s Puget Sound Campus Center
Fifty Shades of Green: From Using Cloth Napkins all the way to Living Off the Land
Get my guide to the small (or large!) things you can do to have a huge impact on the environment.
- What to add to your space and what to take away…
- What to use in lieu of disposable products—whether you’re blowing your nose or going on a picnic…
- And dozens more—from simple green living to living off the grid